TEACHER + AUTHOR
MIND: “How best to share on my about page?”
WISDOM: “Like an Apple Tree standing in the sunlight, not trying to be better-than or lesser-than, stand as: ‘I am this.’
Share enough about yourself for those who visit to decide whether they resonate with this work.
Share with love and wholeness: what you do, why you care and how you serve.“
This is an extract from a Wisdom Well Self Coaching dialogue.
I didn’t want only to give you the usual, ‘I’m an author and speaker with 30+ years’ experience, I’ve spoken on stages around the world and built an international Master Coach Training business.” which is true. I wanted to lift the curtain to show you what I am most grateful for, that has made everything I value possible – being able to build a wisdom well.
Wisdom has taught me to surrender to the deeper seeing and be guided by that.
So, I’ll just be my Apple Tree purposeful Self, and we’ll take it from there.
Need my traditional bio statement for a talk or reference? They’re here.
What I do
I mentor those who are called to guide, to learn how to empower and enlighten using master coaching + mindfulness + meditation.
You’ve experienced your intuition. Perhaps spoken your own words-of-wisdom when guiding a friend in need.
You’ve had “Aha!” moments of clarity.
You know inner wisdom is there. But when you need inner guidance the most, when your mind is stressed or heart is suffering, wisdom seems blocked, right?
We might feel abandoned by our intuitive wisdom. Alone in the dark.
I’ve found a reliable way to find inner wisdom even with a busy mind or heavy heart, even in times of crisis which I call building Wisdom Wells.
I’d love to show you how.
- I guide seekers to build Wisdom Wells as a mindfulness meditation practice to find clear inner wisdom every day, even in times of stress and suffering. This takes us home to the joy, love and peace of our true being.
- And I teach natural coaches who are called to the career path of becoming master coaches to build Wisdom Wells for others.
There’s no need to be thirsty for inspired inner wisdom; I’m here to help.
Here are four steps to building your Wisdom Well for yourself or others that I’ve refined over a lifetime of work.
- #1 DIG your Wisdom Well deeper than the surface busy mind.
- #2 ASK enlightening questions, which is like creating a solid bucket.
- #3 OPEN intuitively to fill your bucket, finding peaceful, clear seeing which I’ll help you learn to translate as best you can into words-of-wisdom.
- #4 LIVE what you’ve found with inspired clarity, peace, joy and love.
Let’s build Wisdom Wells together.
Why I care
You’ve heard the saying: “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”
Around the age of four, after a near-death experience, I discovered ‘the teacher need not be outside of us.’
My inner teacher has saved my life literally and figuratively and given me back home to myself during some of the most traumatic times.
That’s why I care deeply about this work.
When I see my clients finding “Aha!” insights, shifting from “I don’t know what to do,” to inspired clear action… when my top Master Coaches win 1-2 year coaching 6 figure contracts doing what they love, helping people to find their inner wisdom – I weep with gratitude. That’s why I care.
- The surface mind is our inner student.
- The water of our wisdom is our inner teacher. Let them meet.
If you build your Wisdom Well, you can learn to get past the “I don’t know” stuck surface mind, transform the rocks of your inner obstacles and draw on wisdom to grow the garden of your life.
Finding my peaceful inner guidance got me through:
- facing death (NDE) during surgery at four to remove a tumour from behind my right eye,
- suicidal teens (I was homesick for the home death showed me),
- spiritual awakening related depression,
- healing crippling shyness,
- being a mom with a gravely ill baby daughter,
- financial ruin,
- navigating and surviving an armed robbery,
- divorce and the challenges of building an international training business.
I care about this work because it breaks my heart to think how many don’t know just that wisdom is waiting within, and how much it can help.
And that it’s not complicated; it’s about learning to use meditation, mindfulness and master coaching methods to change radio stations from surface thinking to the wisdom that lies waiting within.
I care because I know it’s possible to learn to hear our inner teacher.
We can find inner wisdom.
And I care because the world needs more wisdom.
More clear seeing, wholeness claiming, equal-to standing wisdom.
Seeing with our true eyes as the true I.
How I serve
With love in my heart I’m grateful to be able to call this my work offered to you:
- Writing – blogs, courses, articles and books
- Teaching – speaking, mentoring online classes to groups of incredible clients enrolled for my master coaching certification courses and Wisdom Well Way Mindfulness Meditation Courses.
- Painting – oil painting commissions of the inner and outer spaces (abstracts, landscapes and seascapes) that help us open to wisdom.
- Business – managing my businesses, where I’m grateful to have the most incredible team of master coach trainers, directors, partners and talented support.
After sharing a stage with the best-selling author of the ‘Conversations with God’ series, Neale Donald Walsh, and receiving a standing ovation, Neale said to Colleen, “You belong on an international stage.”
Colleen was privileged to study with Dr Michael Newton, author of “Journey of Souls” and “Destiny of Souls” and later to serve on his global board of directors (2005-2008).
Colleen is grateful for the teachings and friendships of Lionel Berman, Dr Pam Roux, Radhakrishna, Glenn Douglas, Mike Boon and Amyn Dahya.
If you don’t find me teaching online, writing or painting…
… you’ll find me driving my muddy 4×4 to open wild places.
My heart is never without the redwood forests of San Francisco, poems of Rumi, non-dual dialogues of Sri Nisargadatta, and Van Gogh’s paintings.
Colleen-Joy is an author and teacher who has taught over 35,000 people in 60 countries, delivering over 4,000 classes and talks.
Colleen-Joy Bio Statements
A short bio to introduce or refer to Colleen-Joy.
Colleen-Joy is a five star rated speaker and published author who guides natural coaches to become wisdom-led master coaches, with in-demand master coaching, meditation and mindfulness skills.
Colleen-Joy is an author and speaker who guides natural coaches to become wisdom-led master coaches, with in-demand master coaching, meditation and mindfulness skills. Her top coaches win six-figure global coaching contracts and become inspiring thought-leaders in their field.
Two television documentary films have been made about her life story. She has taught 35,000+ in 60 countries and written three published books. Her ICF internationally-accredited InnerLifeSkills Master Coach certification programs receive 5-star ratings from long-standing corporate clients like Deloitte, Heineken, Chartered Wealth and DSV.
When Colleen isn’t writing, teaching or painting, you’ll find her driving her muddy 4×4 to wild open spaces.
Colleen-Joy guides natural coaches to become in-demand master coaches.
Notable experience and expertise include:
- MCC Master Coach (ICF credentialed, fewer than 500 in the world)
- Global Managing Director of InnerLifeSkills and Wisdom Well Way.com
- Her 5 Star Rated Manager as Coach Training was shortlisted top 5 for the prestigious ICF Prism Award in 2014.
- Taught over 35,000 people in 60 countries
- 3 published books
- 2 Documentary television features were made about her life story ( for Journey to the Core and Kynet Bloudruk).
- Frequent expert television, radio and podcast guest
- Delivered over 4,000 master coaching classes.
- Professional art commissions since age sixteen, designed the 2000 millennium logo for national television broadcaster